Please visit the NDU website for detailed information regarding the below briefings. http://www.ndu.edu/Students/Incoming-Students/
Military students must report in Class B uniform (USA) or Service uniform (USAF, USN, USMC, and USCG) to National Defense University (NDU), Marshall Hall, Bldg. 62, Fort McNair for pre-brief and sign-in with their military service representative (MilRep). Students should bring a copy of their assignment orders, detaching evaluation/FITREP (USAF exempt), and leave form (including local moves). Students should report no earlier than 27 July 2020, and no later than 30 July 2020. Note: Military students returning from overseas assignments may be approved to report early pending coordination with NDU MilRep. Prior to in-processing all medical and dental readiness must be up-to-date and fitness and health assessments must be current.
Attendance to one of the briefings is highly recommended:
- Monday – July 27, 1000-1200 and 1400-1600, Marshall Hall, Bldg 62, Rm 155(A, B, & C)
- Tuesday – July 28, 1000-1200 and 1400-1600, Marshall Hall, Bldg 62, Rm 155(A, B, & C)
- Wednesday – July 29, 1000-1200 and 1400-1600, Marshall Hall, Bldg 62, Rm 155(A, B, & C)
- Thursday – July 30, 1000-1200 and 1400-1600, Marshall Hall, Bldg 62, Rm 155(A, B, & C)
We encourage civilian students attending our 10-month academic programs at Fort McNair to come to campus on at the beginning of one of the meetings above to get assistance with any issues you have encountered with our pre-arrival requirements. Spending just an hour or two on campus will help ensure you are well-provisioned and ready to go on your first day. Dress code for the optional visit is casual attire.
These briefings are important to start long lead items for your academic year and every student should attend. Contact your service/agency representative for more information.
- All report to the National War College (NWC) on 3 August 2020 at 0730. NWC is located on Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C. in Roosevelt Hall (Building 61).
- Parking is available in the south side lot between Eisenhower Hall and NWC. Parking is also available on most of the surrounding streets. Parking spaces in front of the building and in the alley way adjacent to the tunnel in front of the building are reserved for faculty.
- Access into Roosevelt Hall is controlled for all doors of the building. You will be issued an NDU Badge which will give you access to the building soon after you arrive. If you are visiting prior to the mandatory reporting date, you will need to work with your host to enter and exit. For the first few days of class, prior to the issue of your NDU badges, the doors will not be secured and you will be able to enter and exit.
- Each student will have access to CAC enabled NDU computers which will allow for the completion of official digitally signed required documents and other administrative tasks.
- Group in-processing is scheduled on 3 August at 1215 in the Atrium of Bldg 62, Marshall Hall, Fort McNair.
- For planning purposes the first week, you should expect to be in session from 0830-1630 each day, Monday - Friday. There will be an evening reception on Friday August 7 from 1800-2000. Attire for the reception is CLASS ALPHA and business/cocktail attire for civilian and spouses.